The folks over at UM Portal have a post up about choosing a United Methodist of the Year.
They mention George, Dick, Hillary, and John, as well as Billy Bob Thornton, but I'm not intimidated. I've decided to toss my hat into the ring.
* I always try to add more potlucks to the church calendar.
* I belong to the "We are Ridiculously Methodist" group on facebook.
* I was confirmed at age 10, and so have been a UM for a really big percentage of my life.
* My friends tell me I'm just like John Wesley.
* I survived the ordination process.
* I have three copies of the current Book of Discipline.
* I'm really into the doctrine of Christian Perfection.
So go put in a good word for me. If you vote for me, I can promise snow shovels and babysitting.