Playing this week's RevGals Friday Five:
1. Personality tests; love them or hate them?
Love them if they're just for me, hate them if someone else is using them to find out about me, like, say, the Board of Ordained Ministry. When I took my psychological assessment for the ordination process, my results showed that I had a very high degree of defensiveness toward psychological testing. Of course, I could have told them that without the test - except, I wouldn't, because of my high degree of defensiveness! ;)
2. Would you describe yourself as practical, creative, intellectual or a mixture ?
Intellectual primarily, then practical, and occasionally creative. I have some close friends who always amaze me with their creativity - in worship, in visual arts, whatever. I think I can be creative, but I really admire people who just ooze creativity.
3. It is said that everyone has their 15 minutes of fame; have you had yours yet? If so what was it, if not dream away what would you like it to be?
Not yet, though walking into a room full of Methobloggers who said "It's Beth Quick!" did make me feel pretty famous. I keep telling my actor brother Todd that when he makes it big I want to be the spiritual advisor to the stars....
4. If you were given a 2 year sabbatical (oh the dream of it) to create something would it be music, literature, art.....something completely different...share your dream with us...
To create something? I think I would take lots of dance classes and try to create myself into a dancer!
5. Describe a talent you would like to develop, but that seems completely beyond you.
See #4. I'm getting better at tap dancing, at least, though being in a cast puts a serious damper on my progress.
Bonus question: Back to the church- what does every member ministry mean to you? Is it truly possible to encourage/ implement?
I think it is completely possible and necessary to implement every member ministry. My mother instilled in all of us a strong sense that each one is called by God, and we just have to figure out what that calling in. And I always believe what my mother tells me!