I don't usually answer the RevGals Friday Five, but who doesn't want to list their pet peeves?
1. Grammatical pet peeve - Incorrect use of apostrophes. In my hometown, a sign hung every summer: Apply Here For Summer Job's. This year, finally, the sign has been corrected. Someone clued them in, I guess. Another? Unnecessary use of quotation marks on signs and ads. "On Sale Now!" "Thank you!" "Please watch your step!" Why the random punctuation?
2. Household pet peeve - Hmm. I dislike chores in general. Not sure this counts as a pet peeve. Cat hair and litter boxes? Literal pet peeves? My cats are currently my only housemates.
3. Arts & Entertainment pet peeve (movie theaters, restaurants, concerts) - People who hoot and holler at theatrical performances and ballets as if they were at a football game. Junior high kids at movies in general.
4. Liturgical pet peeve - Overused phrases like "who we are and whose we are."
5. Wild card--pet peeve that doesn't fit any of the above categories - I have many driving related pet peeves. I hate it when I pass someone (using my cruise control, just driving along) and they suddenly start going faster and pass me back again. I have some road rage issues.
Bonus: Because all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God: What do YOU do that others might consider a pet peeve?
Me? ME?? Ah. I'm super sarcastic. Some people are less fond of this than others ;)