Some highlights of the last few days:
- I think I've cried more times in the last two weeks than I have in the last four years combined. (OK - that's a slight exaggeration.) My last Oneida cry was when I was leaving my strangely empty house there. My first cry here was when my mother and brother went back home to Central New York. I've been telling everyone about how my mother cried when she left, but not the part about me crying too - so here's my confession! I really hate crying. But I guess of all the crying I could do, this week has been full of the good kind.
- I've already misplaced (and found, thankfully) both my set of office keys and my set of house keys. The house keys I just set down in the restroom. But the office keys - I actually left those on the roof of my car. And then I drove around town and at speeds of at least 40mph. And then I thought to check on the roof of my car for my keys. And there they were!
- I've already met a fellow vegetarian at Franklin Lakes UMC. He's been vegetarian for a few years now - and he's ten! How neat is that?
- The parsonage here has heated floors in the entry way. Seriously!
- The parsonage committee members had the tables decorated with tablecloths, centerpieces, and place mats when I arrived, and had gotten me a lovely bouquet of flowers.
- I've forgotten about driving in New Jersey. I have to learn how to be cutthroat and aggressive again...