Today, I've reached the breaking point in this whole being in a cast nonsense. I had a lot of running around to do today, after a busy week, and I'm just wiped out. My ankle doesn't hurt - it is the rest of my body that can't wait for the cast to be off. Ugh. So, even though I have more thoughtful posts in the back of my mind, I think it was best to play some RevGals Friday Five instead:
Option 1: Accio Friday Five!
1. Which Harry Potter book is your favorite and why? I think they keep getting better and better. As the characters age, we see more depth of emotion, intense action, etc, and more unfolding of Rowling's carefully, complexly crafted world. Four, five, and six are especially excellent.
2. Which character do you most resemble? Which character would you most like to get to know?
Oh, Hermione for sure. I'm afraid I was always a bit of teacher's pet in school. To get to know? Harry, of course!
3. How careful are you about spoilers?
a) bring 'em on--even if I know the destination, the journey's still good - I am generally a reader of spoilers, which drive my older brother crazy. Here's something else - I usually read the last page of books first! I can't help myself. I still read the whole book, of course, but I can't help peeking ahead.
b) eh, I'd rather not know what happens, but I'm not going to commit Avada Kedavra if someone makes a slip
c) I will sequester myself in a geodesic dome to avoid finding anything out
4. Make one prediction/share one hope about book 7.
I hope Snape turns out to be on the 'good' side - I will be awfully disappointed if he's really with the Deatheaters.
5. Rowling has said she's not planning any prequels or sequels, but are there characters or storylines (past or future) that you would like to see pursued?
I think more about the early days of Voldemort would be interesting, and about Albus Dumbledore as a young wizard.