Friday, December 07, 2007

Living with an Actor

I've mentioned before that my youngest brother, Todd, is an actor. Living with him can be - trying. I tease him all the time that his career is "pretending" for a living. Right now he has set up a mini-photo studio in the basement to work on his headshots. I constantly have to run lines with him for his auditions, and he's currently doing very loud vocal warm-ups for today's audition. We just had a conversation that went like this:

Me: "Actors. Can't live with 'em...."

Todd: "And they won't move out of your house."

Exactly.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Not sure how I stumbled on your blog, but I do have to say that living with an actor is definitely interesting. I lived with my cousin during my first try at college...and it was an experience...and she's probably moving in with me again sometime next year. Living with an actor will definitely be an experience again!
Reading over some of your posts, I'll have to come back and visit again. Nice blogs!

Anonymous said...

That conversation reminds me of the joke I heard back when I was playing in bands and sure I was going to be the next big indie sensation.

How do you get a musician off your porch?

Pay for the pizza.

The fact that I was schlepping Dominos at the time made it sting so much more.

Anyway, I'm shocked that there's been no indignant rebuttal from said actor.

Sermon, "In Whom We Live, and Move, and Exist," Acts 17:22-28

Sermon 9/27/2026  Acts 17:22-28 In Whom We Live, and Move, and Exist I’ll admit to you that I’ve struggled with this sermon (and I underst...