Saturday, November 05, 2005

Know Your Bible?

Now, for something a little - different - take this 100 question Bible exam to see how well you know the Book.

(found via A Religious Liberal Blog)

My results:

ACTS AND PAULINE LETTERS 73%
GOSPELS 100%
HISTORICAL BOOKS 84%
PENTATEUCH 82%
PROPHETS 66%
PSALMS AND WISDOM LITERATURE 90%
REST OF NEW TESTAMENT 70%
TOTAL 81%

Ah, the propehts. I guess I know where I need to study up. That and that whole "rest of the new testament" category! I'm afraid I only did as well as I did on the prophet section though by some lucky guessing ;)!

2 comments:

Rev Paul Martin said...

Got exactly the same overrall result - perhaps the rsult of being in training albeit in different places at the same time. I think on Psalms and Hitory I was somewhat lucky in my guesses.

Anyhow thanks. It has cheered me up to know that I haven't forgotten everything.

Karen Sapio said...

When I was taking this test the joke going around was:

What's the best way to pass the Presbyterian Bible Content exam?

Answer: Be raised Southern Baptist.

I passed on the first try. I don't remember particular scores. The only thing that mattered to me at the time was that the guy who had just dumped me failed. (Wicked cackle . . .)

Sermon for the Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, Year B, "Picnic and a Boat Ride," John 6:1-21 (Proper 12B, Ordinary 17B)

Sermon 7/28/24 John 6:1-21 Picnic and a Boat Ride Our gospel lesson today is a text that’s probably familiar to most of you, at least some...