Wednesday, November 17, 2004

two new blogs

two new blogs to check out that will soon be added to my blogroll:
jockeystreet, which is my big brother's blog. not religiously oriented, but certainly left and progressive and political, and with more edge than mine :)
and also:
the liberal mind, who describes his blog this way:
This blog will be the outlet for my Liberal Mind to find solace. I'm not expecting everyone who reads my stuff to agree with it (actually, I'm kind of expecting most people to disagree with it). But in a world where everyone is quick to throw a label on something which means something else, I figured that everyone will have a different opinion of what exactly a Liberal Mind is. Thus, those who actually stumble across this blog will find the musings of this Liberal Mind.
I found this blog because of a comment left on my site, and was very humbled by a post about my blog that he wrote. it's nice to know they're people out there reading, and nice to feel like something i do makes an impression - thanks!

1 comment:

H. Abiff said...

You are most welcome. I'll add you to my list of blogs visited, also. It's good to know that members of the clergy (even though I don't follow their faith) have the ability to stand up to the right-wing Christians that have corrupted a good number of the Bible's messages.

I'm trying not to come off as one of those vitriolic leftist speakers who doesn't listen to the other side. I hope I've succeeded. I'm just trying to say that I'm glad that blogs like yours exist . . .

Sermon for the Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, Year B, "Picnic and a Boat Ride," John 6:1-21 (Proper 12B, Ordinary 17B)

Sermon 7/28/24 John 6:1-21 Picnic and a Boat Ride Our gospel lesson today is a text that’s probably familiar to most of you, at least some...