Tuesday, November 23, 2004

exodus 23:2

i was doing my lesson for the Disciple Bible Study I'm leading at my church, and stumbled on these verses from Exodus 23:
(NRSV)

:2 - You shall not follow a majority in wrongdoing; when you bear witness in a lawsuit, you shall not side with the majority so as to pervert justice;

I don't know - that verse just struck me - perhaps a verse of encouragement for social justice advocates who sometimes feel overwhelmed by seemingly small numbers. No matter - wrong is wrong, and we're commanded to go a better way.

No comments:

Sermon for the Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, Year B, "Picnic and a Boat Ride," John 6:1-21 (Proper 12B, Ordinary 17B)

Sermon 7/28/24 John 6:1-21 Picnic and a Boat Ride Our gospel lesson today is a text that’s probably familiar to most of you, at least some...