Sunday, March 28, 2004

General Conference

I'm preparing for a prayer vigil our church is holding for General Conference 2004, and I ran accross this excerpt from the Prayer Guide for delegates.
Blessed are you,
who has woven my body a many-chambered
mystery
to stand and praise you.
Blessed are you,
who has formed me in your image, to be a man
[woman].
Blessed are you,
who has brought me forth fragrant and naked
in your sight.
Blessed are you,
who taught me how to clothe the naked.
Blessed are you,
who raises my body to walk the path
with strength.
Blessed are you,
who sets the solitary in families,
loving every tongue and tribe.
Blessed are you,
Who makes me part of your servant people.
Blessed are you,
who calls me to the work of creation, day by day.
From Wrestling with Grace by Robert Corin Morris

No comments:

Sermon for the Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, Year B, "Picnic and a Boat Ride," John 6:1-21 (Proper 12B, Ordinary 17B)

Sermon 7/28/24 John 6:1-21 Picnic and a Boat Ride Our gospel lesson today is a text that’s probably familiar to most of you, at least some...