Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Bishop Woodie White's annual letter to Martin Luther King Jr.
Every year since 1976, now-retired Bishop Woodie White writes a birthday letter to Martin Luther King, Jr. I always look forward to it, and this year have especially been curious about how Bishop White would capture the historic election of Barack Obama to the presidency. Answer: with great joy! Here's the letter, take a look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sermon, "In Whom We Live, and Move, and Exist," Acts 17:22-28
Sermon 9/27/2026 Acts 17:22-28 In Whom We Live, and Move, and Exist I’ll admit to you that I’ve struggled with this sermon (and I underst...
-
Sermon 11/26/17 Mark 1:1-8 Hope: A Thrill of Hope Are you a pessimist or an optimist? Is the glass of life half emp...
-
Sermon 12/27/20 Luke 2:22-40 After Christmas Morning Here’s a confession for you: As far as I can tell, I actually haven’t preached on thi...
-
Sermon 2/8/15 Matthew 16:13-26 A New Name: Simon Peter Today we’re taking a look at Simon Peter, one of the twelve ...
No comments:
Post a Comment