Monday, April 21, 2008
General Conference: I'm on the Way
I'm checking in from the road, on my way to Texas. That's right, I'm driving from New Jersey to Fort Worth. I hate flying. I don't need the added anxiety on top of 10 totally packed days of conference. So one of my colleagues and I are driving out together. Tonight we're staying in Walton, KY. Tomorrow, for the first time, I will be in the state of Arkansas! So far, I can't think of anything I've left behind. I'll be trying to post as much as possible while I'm there. With days starting at 8am and ending at 11pm, we'll see how we do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sermon, "In Whom We Live, and Move, and Exist," Acts 17:22-28
Sermon 9/27/2026 Acts 17:22-28 In Whom We Live, and Move, and Exist I’ll admit to you that I’ve struggled with this sermon (and I underst...
-
Sermon 11/26/17 Mark 1:1-8 Hope: A Thrill of Hope Are you a pessimist or an optimist? Is the glass of life half emp...
-
Sermon 12/27/20 Luke 2:22-40 After Christmas Morning Here’s a confession for you: As far as I can tell, I actually haven’t preached on thi...
-
Sermon 2/8/15 Matthew 16:13-26 A New Name: Simon Peter Today we’re taking a look at Simon Peter, one of the twelve ...
5 comments:
On behalf of everyone who lives in Texas, I'd like to say "Welcome, y'all!"
Have a great time kiddo! And, you know, any little souvenirs you bring back for your godson would be welcomed ESPECIALLY if hand delivered ;-)
May I just say how glad I am that Matt knows how to spell "y'all" correctly. So many people put the apostrophe in the wrong place.
And, I'll see you tomorrow! Travel mercies as you breeze through my home state....
Have fun driving... I will enjoy my nice, 3-hour, non-stop plane ride. See you tomorrow!
hopefully you are there, safe and sound. i'm looking forward to any reflections you have time/energy to share. do you know of other delegates who may be blogging their experience?
Post a Comment