Monday, November 20, 2006

Sites to Check Out

Just got home from Exploration (where I finally, if briefly, got to meet Natalie of Take My Hand - excellent!) and I'm not ready to recap yet, so in the meantime, here are a couple of sites I've been visiting a lot lately:

CoolPeopleCare.org - This site will email you a daily tip on something you can do ("5 Minutes of Caring") to re-focus your life on others, the environment, justice, etc. I like the tips so far, like today's, which focuses on an ongoing theme of theirs, "Christmas is not your birthday."

Another is Treehugger.com which is a blog/site that highlights eco-friendly products/inventions/innovations, like this water-powered clock, and lots of cool eco-friendly off-the-grid type pre-fab homes (sorry, big-bro, can't find the one I wanted to show you.)

Check 'em out.

6 comments:

revhipchick said...

wow! those are great sites! thanks for sharing! (0)

LutheranChik said...

Great sites...thanks. Happy Delurking Week! (o)

Melissa said...

You were at Exploration too? Too bad we didn't get a chance to run into each other!

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth --

It was awesome to meet you. . .

I wish we could have talked for longer. Ah, well. Next time!

natalie

Anonymous said...

You were there? I wish I had known. I would have made it a priority to meet you.

will smama said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sermon for the Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, Year B, "Picnic and a Boat Ride," John 6:1-21 (Proper 12B, Ordinary 17B)

Sermon 7/28/24 John 6:1-21 Picnic and a Boat Ride Our gospel lesson today is a text that’s probably familiar to most of you, at least some...