Wednesday, July 12, 2006

This and that...

A little bit of this and that:


  • Check out my brother's post on the recent NYState decision on gay marriage. Hilarious.
  • I was grocery shopping last night and saw two new items - crackers with grooves, better to hold toppings on, apparently, and Oreo cookies specially shaped for dunking. Seriously? How have we eaten Oreos all this time without this new breakthrough?
  • I love keeping track of all the countries I've had blog or website visits from. This week, I had a visitor from Brunei Darussalam. I will admit I'd never heard of such a place, and had to look it up. Huh.
  • Just finished reading Elements of Style by Wendy Wasserstein. (#15) I picked up the book after seeing my little brother perform in her An American Daughter earlier this year, an excellent production. The book was ok, but nothing great or unique, hence not getting a lengthy review. It seemed to similar to everything 'chick lit' that is out these days, but trying to be a bit more than that, and not quite getting there. It follows a handful of upper class social climbers in a post 9/11 New York City. But entertaining enough, if you are looking for something fairly mindless to take to the beach.

1 comment:

gavin richardson said...

specialty oreo's.. life will never be the same after this great innovation i am sure

Sermon for the Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, Year B, "Picnic and a Boat Ride," John 6:1-21 (Proper 12B, Ordinary 17B)

Sermon 7/28/24 John 6:1-21 Picnic and a Boat Ride Our gospel lesson today is a text that’s probably familiar to most of you, at least some...