Monday, December 19, 2005

Person of the Year

Time magazine announced its Person of the Year (people, actually) the other day, honoring Bono and Bill and Melinda Gates. Interesting combination, isn't it? (Ps - you have to watch an ad to read the whole article for free.) I guess I appreciate that the people making the cover at least are making it for trying to help others.

What do you think of the selection? Who would you have named as Person of the Year if you were in charge? Who is your favorite well-known person of the year? Who is your personal person of the year?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth Quick is my person of the year. No contest.

John said...

My vote would have been the Iraqi voter.

Greg Hazelrig said...

I don't know if either is my favorite, but I would've voted for the Bush,Sr. / Bill Clinton duo. Whether they really got along well or not, they did help many people in need this year.

Revwilly said...

Bono and Gates get a lot of attention for the amount of dollars they raise/give. I know people, however, who as a percentage of their time/income/energy do far more than those two. Times "People of The Year" is a farce

Beth Quick said...

anonymous - thanks! (My mom had to swear to me that she wasn't anonymous.)

Sermon for the Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, Year B, "Picnic and a Boat Ride," John 6:1-21 (Proper 12B, Ordinary 17B)

Sermon 7/28/24 John 6:1-21 Picnic and a Boat Ride Our gospel lesson today is a text that’s probably familiar to most of you, at least some...