Thursday, October 28, 2004

all saints?

Are you celebrating All Saints Day in your congregation? If so, how are you celebrating? This year, in my congregation, we're lighting candles, or inviting family members to light candles, as we read the names of those who have died during this last year. It's something new for this congregation, but something I participated in when I was a youth pastor in Dover, NJ, that I found meaningful, and it is pretty simple to put together. Plus, I found it a nice way to connect with the families of those who have lost someone. What are you doing? Any creative ideas?

No comments:

Sermon for the Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, Year B, "Picnic and a Boat Ride," John 6:1-21 (Proper 12B, Ordinary 17B)

Sermon 7/28/24 John 6:1-21 Picnic and a Boat Ride Our gospel lesson today is a text that’s probably familiar to most of you, at least some...