Tuesday, June 15, 2004

EcoTeam

EcoTeam

I found this link while surfing the web recently. What a fabulous idea - basically the program works like this: you get 4 or 5 households to together become an EcoTeam. You meet alternately at each other's homes, you commit to making certain relatively simple changes, and by the end, you are living in a more sustainable way, a more earth friendly way. I read the table of contents and the actions that they require you to take, and they are really very doable - not drastic - but have real results.
I like it because making lifestyle changes can seem very overwhelming. My brother and I have been trying very hard on our own to make changes - we've both been vegetarians for a long time, and he's recently become vegan. (I'm trying, but a lot less successfully than he is!) But beyond that, we've realized that our purchasing habits still make a lot of impact. I now love Wegman's, because of their nature's kitchen section where everything is organic and friendly. But beyond that, I'm trying to be more aware of my consumer-consumer-consumer habits. Ugh. So much to think about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and now mom is working at being vegetarian and more conscious of how earth-friendly she is.....

Sermon for the Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, Year B, "Picnic and a Boat Ride," John 6:1-21 (Proper 12B, Ordinary 17B)

Sermon 7/28/24 John 6:1-21 Picnic and a Boat Ride Our gospel lesson today is a text that’s probably familiar to most of you, at least some...